Our Class

Saturday, September 18, 2004

A Day At The Beach

This is a recount that your classmate Yu wrote before going to Perth. Read it and post your own recount of a weekend, interesting day or short holiday.
This is how to write a recount:

Orientation (who,what,when,where)+ Events + Re-orientation + (Comment)

Use:
Simple past + Expressions of time and place + Specific participants (nouns or pronouns)


The Pacific Ocean

Sydney views from the water

Opera House

Yu's weekend

Last Saturday I went to Long Bay with my family. In the morning we got packed. At about 10 am we started to go to Long Bay. The trip in the car was long. After about an hour we got there.

At the beach we swam and surfed all morning. Then we played cricket for two hours. At lunch time we ate fish and chips. In the afternoon I sat on the sand and read the newspaper. My husband went fishing on the rocks. He didn't catch any fish, but it was very relaxing. Later we sat in the sun and ate an ice-cream. Finally we packed up for home at sunset. We had a great day.

Yu Wang

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

  • On my weekend I went to my cousin's celebration, with her family. The ceremony was held in Brunswick, to congratulate her on becoming a year 7.
    My cousin made a short speech like everyone else, and after that they were presented with gifts.My other cousin, as well as the other young children gave the graduates a special gift. Once Ginevra opened the present (gently), she found that there was a live butterfly inside of it! This was a magnificent surprise and a great day out!
    By Rachel Lorenzon

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:56 am  

  • Last weekend myself and my mum went to St.Columbas for an interview.
    Before we left i was a bit nervou, and i thought it was going to be really scary. When we arrived, i walked into the school thinking that i was going to be really bad, but when i actually got into the room there was heaps of other girls in there.
    The interview did eventually start andit wasn't like an interview i don't know why they called it an interview. I saw my Friends Alyssia and Renee, we had morning tea and it was nearlly finished.
    Last of all it finished and i felt much better afterwoods, and i was ready to go home.
    Meghan B

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:58 am  

  • On Saturday evening my family and I went to my uncle's swimming pool. We got there at about 4:30 pm and all of the kids jumped straight into the pool as soon as we arrived.

    I was spl;ashing everyone and later I relaxed on their hammock while I was eating dinner that consisted of chicken and sausages. My brother and I couldn't get enough of all the pool toys they had. It was a wonderful evening and i'm glad I got to spend it with my relatives.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:03 am  

  • Last weekend, because of the heatwave, i stayed home most of the time.

    On the Saturday, i made some Mini-movies using LEGO and a camera, the rest of the day i relaxed on the couch watching TV.
    on Sunday, me and my dad put 4 of the Mini-movies on a DVD, after that my family went to Joseph.P's house for a swim! ww had a MASSIVE water fight!!!
    so, that was my weekend!
    Aaron Myszka

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:04 am  

  • I am very happy to read this. Appreciate your sharing
    whatsapp baixar | Facebook Lite

    By Blogger Linda Rose, at 3:15 pm  

  • I'm puzzled with lots of exercises. I was afraid I could not do the right time despite my hard work. I need a support person.
    run3play.com

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home